An outsourced webmaster is generally responsible for:
- Overseeing & implementing updates to the website
- Creating and posting new content and pages as needed
- Updating databases and tables that contain information presented on the website
A webmaster should have the ability to understand an established
platform and use existing style guides, when available.
If the webmaster is responsible for creating and updating web
pages, s/he should have a solid understanding of HTML as well as
A webmaster may have some or all of these skills:
- Web design - If the webmaster isn't a designer, then s/he
must be able and willing to work with your designers and content creators to deliver web pages.
- Web developer/coder - Many developers work with one or more
- Database maintenance, where appropriate
- Database design & implementation, where appropriate
- Shopping cart implementation